Known as the Heart of Scotland, The Gateway to the Highlands and Big Tree Country, Perthshire is an outstanding area for diversity of outdoor activities. Whether you are looking for an activity break in Scotland with the family or seeking some adrenaline fuelled outdoor adventure days, this is a place you shouldn't miss out on your visit.
Our east base is mobile so we go to the best locations to offer you the best activities to give you the most enjoyable outdoor adventure experiences.
Activity locations stretch to the far north of Perthshire near the highland village of Pitlochry. Then to the south near Stirling perfect if traveling from Edinburgh or Glasgow.
To our east is the old fishing village of Arbroath, from here we go Coasteering, classed as one of the best venues in the UK to undertake this amazing traverse of the coastline. Come and swim/slide/jump and explore where few have gone before.
Visit us on the east side of Scotland and we're sure you will go away with BIG smiles...
Facts and things you may want to see while in Perthshire
- The oldest living thing in Europe is the Fortingall Yew (near Kenmore Loch Tay) - at least 2,000 years old
- The River Tay (which we raft and Fun Yakk on) is the largest river in Scotland and the largest river by volume in the UK
- Edradour Distillery, just above Pitlochry is the smallest distillery in Scotland. The whisky made here went into a super duluxe blend called King's Ransoms, which was the worlds most expensive whisky, when 200,00 bottles went down aboard the SS Politican off the coast of Eriskay in 1941. This was the inspiration for Compton Mackenzie's Whisky Galore
- Perthshire is home to more than 40 Munros - Scottish hills that are classed as over 3000ft
- Schiehallion (a Munro) was used as part of a scientific experiment to find out the mass of the earth
- Perthshire is know as Big Tree Country and is home to some of the largest trees in the UK. Located near Dunkeld is a Douglas Fir that tops out at over 60meters high. Just north of Perth is the Meikleour Beech Hedge which is classed as the world's tallest hedge
Events you may want to see while you visit Perthshire
- Highland games - Blair Atholl castle, last weekend in May
- Highland Perthshire cycling festival, mid May
- Scottish rally championships in October
- Perth Farmers Market, 1st Saturday of the month
- The annual Perth Show in August
- Amber arts music festival in October