Terms and Conditions
AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, YOU MUST AGREE TO HONOR AND ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LAID DOWN BY VERTICAL DESCENTS LTD & VERTICAL DESCENTS CORNWALL LTD AND MUST MAKE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS IN YOUR PARTY AWARE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- A non refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount is payable at the time of your booking
- The outstanding balance must be payable no later than two weeks prior to your activity
- Bookings are confirmed when Vertical Descents receives your full payment. A booking confirmation will be sent to the bookers email or by post or via SMS direct asap.
- Accredited companies may pay on receipt of invoice
- Invoices payable within 15 days
- All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid on the date of the trip or no later than 15 days of the date of invoice. Vertical Descents charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter. VAT is charged at the standard rate on all invoices.
- Vertical Descents reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate
- Payments will be made to the following companies - Vertical Descents Ltd - Scotland Branch/ Vertical Descents Cornwall Ltd - Cornwall Branch.
Bookings and Cancellations
- Vertical Descents accept bookings either verbally, by email or written letter
- Final numbers of participants must be confirmed by telephone or email no later than two weeks prior to the trip. Failure to do this will result in the client being charged for the full amount of persons booked
- Weekends are a particularly busy time throughout the year, so to avoid disappointment please book your trip as early as possible
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and signed by the person who originally made the booking with Vertical Descents
- Cancellations are accepted as from the date Vertical Descents receives the written confirmation of cancellation
- Cancellations incur the following charges: – 1. Date of booking to two weeks prior to the booking – client will lose their non-refundable deposit. 2. Within two weeks of the booking – client will be charged the full amount of the trip.
- Included in the cost of the activity is all of the necessary safety equipment and qualified, professional guiding
- Water Activities: You are expected to bring old trainers, something to wear under a wetsuit, a towel and a change of warm clothes
- Land Activities: You are expected to bring sturdy, outdoor footwear (no open toe footwear) and appropriate clothing for changeable weather, including waterproofs
Health and Safety
- In the interests of health and safety, alcohol and intoxicated persons should be left at home
- For all water activities, all participants must be mentally and physically able and be comfortable in this environment. A basic level is water confidence is required.
- We endeavour to run the safest, most fun trips possible, therefore age restrictions are in place. Please ask when making your booking and ensure you provide accurate details of all participants
- Vertical Descents reserve the right to change the venue of any trip if water levels are too low or too high on the day
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any trip/activity due to inclement weather
- Even though Vertical Descents carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker.
- ALL participants must be made aware by the person booking the trip that all outdoor adventurous activities carry a degree of risk, even though Vertical Descents has tried to minimize these risks.. Participants will only be accepted on the understanding that they are aware of these risks and wish to participate of their own free will.
- All participants will be asked to read, understand and sign a Declaration of Risk outlining the specific hazards of each activity, this will be completed prior to the activity taking place
- Under 16s will have the aforementioned formed signed by a parent or guardian
- All school and youth group trips will require parental/ guardian consent forms and medical forms to be completed prior to activity
- Vertical Descents reserve the right to make alterations to website and other marketing media details, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.
- We do not store customer credit card details.
- We do not share customer details and details of those signing up to any of our mailing lists with any 3rd parties.
- Any personal information captured via our mailing list sign up forms will only be used for the purpose specified on the marketing materials at the time of sign up.
- Those on our mailing list may opt out of receiving marketing emails at any time by emailing us on email@example.com.